Frequently Asked Questions
Just a few common questions we get asked, and some answers to save you searching further.
1. How much are tickets for the festival? The good news is that entry to the festival is free! However, all the money to pay for the festival comes from sponsors, concessions and of course generous donations, so if you see one of our volunteers with a bucket or selling programmes please help us out as it all pays for next year’s fun!.
2. Where can I park? Don’t try in the town at all! The official Festival Car Park is located at the Abbey School, London Road, Faversham. ME13 8RZ.
3. How much is it to park on the Festival Car Park? £5 for a full day which matches the long-term parking fee in the town centre.
4. When is the Festival car Park open? From 9am to 9pm each day.
5. How far is the Festival Car Park from the town? Less than half a mile which is an easy ten-minute walk.
6. Is there a Festival campsite? Yes. Visit the Festival Village page on this website.
7. Are dogs permitted on the Festival Campsite? Yes within the normal provisions of good behaviour and clean-ups.
8. Can I take the train? Yes. Mainline trains from London and Kent Coast stop regularly at Faversham Station.
9. How close to the action is the station? Step out of the station and you are there!
10. How kid friendly is the festival? Very! There is a large family area with rides, children’s activities and entertainment.
11. What is the food and drink like? Fantastic! The festival is renowned for its food offer and the quality of the drinks offered by a range of Craft Brewers.
12. Can I get inside the brewery? Yes. Shepherd Neame are offering behind-the-scenes Brewery Tours.
13. Are there any quiet areas? Yes. Faversham Creekside and the Parish Church are both close to the festival area.
14. Can I get a Festival Programme? Programmes will be on sale nearer to the festival dates from outlets in the town at just £1 or from festival volunteers over the weekend.
15. Can I help? Yes! Visit the website volunteering page or throw your loose change into the collection points when you visit.
16. I have a motorbike and sidecar and a two man tent does this quality as a small camping pitch? No, a motorbike and sidecar take up as much space as one two man tent, so adding that bike and sidecar to your two man tent makes this into a large pitch.
17. I have a two man tent and small car why is this charged as a large pitch? Please see Q15 above.
See you in September 2019!
Faversham Hop Festival is pleased and proud to support a responsible drinking policy - please see www.drinkaware.co.uk/check-the-facts for more important details - enjoy the day, don't spoil the day ...